Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Banana Almond Muffins


Morning blues are the worst! I don't know about you guys, but for me trying to get myself out of my bed every morning seems like the most toughest job of the day. The action of physically lifting my lazy bum of my super comfy and warm bed requires a lot of energy! And I know most of you guys will agree with me on this. So to replenish the lost energy, I present to you a super nutritious, energy packed breakfast option- Banana Almond Muffins!


These muffins are packed with all the goodness of bananas and the 'super nut' almond. Almonds are high in dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals along with being the complete source of energy.
They say that one should have at least a handful almonds a day. So why not include it in your diet  in the form of a delicious muffin.

If you are like me who needs something sweet in the morning than these are perfect for you!. These muffins have the right amount of sweetness from the bananas and a little bit of added sugar. They are an excellent pair with coffee or tea and even just plain cold milk for the kids.


So while I go and snack on these, I encourage you all to step out of your routine breakfast and try these muffins.

Banana Almonds Muffins
Makes 24 small muffins or 12 big muffins

Ingredients:

  • 3 to 4 Ripe Bananas (Mashed)
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 flaxmeal egg (1 Tbsp of Ground flax seeds mixed with 3 Tbsp of water)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tbsp strong coffee
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup All purpose flour/ Maida
  • 1 cup chopped almonds ( or any of your favorite nuts)
Directions:
  • Preheat oven at 180C
  • Mix the melted butter into mashed bananas.
  • MIx in sugar, flaxmeal egg, coffee and vanilla.
  • Sprinkle the baking soda along with flour and almonds
  • Gently fold with a spoon or a spatula until all the flour has been incorporated. Do not overmix.
  • Spoon the mixture into cupcake molds lined with wrapper and bake for 20-22 mins.
These muffins store well at room temperature for about 3 days or in the fridge for about a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment