Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

My favorite Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes!



I have a confession!

As much as I love experimenting with everyday ingredients and coming up with healthy recipes to include in my diet, I enjoy indulging into desserts with the same amount of passion. My family and friends can definitely vouch for me when I say that I am a huge sucker for desserts and love to experiment with flavors! Anything from traditional indian sweets like Halwa or Gulab Jamun to international favorites like tiramisu and pies. But lately I have been craving cupcakes. Nothing to heavy with lots of icing ( don't get me wrong, I love those too) just plain and simple vanilla cupcakes.






I came across this recipe on a three day workshop I attended on eggless baking. And ever since than, this has become one of my favorites. The flavor, moistness and texture of the cupcake makes it hard to believe that there are no eggs. Its a very versatile cupcake recipe. You could serve it plain, sprinkle it with little powdered or icing sugar, mix in cocoa powder to make delicious chocolate cupcakes or even spike with your favorite alcohol to make a drunken version. With a little imagination, the possibilities are endless. 


Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes

Ingredients:
  • 200gm Condensed milk
  • 150gm  Salted Butter ( you can substitute it with unsalted butter, just add 1/4 tsp of salt)
  • 1 cup All purpose Flour (Maida)
  • 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
  • ~ 3/4 cup of Milk*


Procedure:

Preheat the oven at 180-200 degree celsius ( varies from oven to oven)

Line the Cupcake moulds with cupcake liners.

1. Sieve flour, Baking powder, Baking soda and keep it aside
2. Cream the sugar and butter till light and fluffy
3. Once creamed, add the flour spoon by spoon alternating with the milk and fold it into the batter. (folding rather than mixing with a beater will ensures light and fluffy cupcakes).
4. Spoon the batter into the liners about 3/4 way full.
5. Bake the cupcakes in the preheated oven for 20 mins or till the edges start to brown.

Notes:

* I used approximately that much amount of milk to get the desired consistency. However depending on the weather you may require more or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment